At the Institute for Holistic Nutrition, we recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of information we collect from our online visitors.
We are committed to managing the collection of all information with strict accordance to the Privacy Legislation of Canada. While we only collect non-personal, business card information such as work address, e-mail and phone number, it is our intent to balance our legitimate business interests in collecting and using information received from and about you with your reasonable expectations of privacy. The following outlines the way we handle information learned about you from your visit to our site.
We will provide specific notice before collecting any of your personal information. We will explain what information is being collected and how it will be used. You have the right to decline to have this information collected or transferred for marketing purposes.
We collect no personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us. We do not use techniques that collect personal information about you without your knowledge.
We will not transfer your personal information to a third party for marketing purposes unless we have your consent. During the course of normal business, we do not collect personally identifiable data on our website visitors.
We collect no personal information about children (under 13 years of age) without the express, positive consent of their parent or guardian.
Our site’s operating system may automatically record some general information about your visit, such as:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as “company.com” or “service.ca” and the IP address of the computer accessing the website, such as “ppp-55, or the type of browser (such as “Netscape version x” or “Internet Explorer version x”) you are using.
- The type of operating system you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows).
- The date and time you visit our site and the pages, which you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website.
- We use this information for statistical analysis, to help us make our site more useful to visitors. We may disclose this non-personal information to third parties such as sponsors, clients or advertisers and/or use it for auditing purposes. This tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any personal data collected.
- We may use “cookies” that identify you as a return visitor. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. We might do this so that when you come back to visit us again, we can tailor information to suit your individual preferences. The goal is to save you time and provide you with a more meaningful visit and to measure web site activity. Cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Browsers allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
You will not receive marketing e-mail from this organization unless you have consented to receive it. From time to time we may use e-mail as a way to keep in touch with our existing members and other interested individuals. However, we do not send “spam” (unsolicited marketing e-mail) and we do not sell or forward member emails and information to third parties.
If you agree to receive e-mail communications from us, every e-mail message we send to you will include an e-mail address to which you can respond. If at any time you decide you do not want to receive marketing or communication e-mail from us, simply let us know and we will remove your name and e-mail address from our lists. We will do the same with your mailing address and telephone number, on request.
Referral Links Noted On This Site
This policy discloses the privacy practices for our Website. However, our site contains links to other sites. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit, especially if you share any personal information.