Anti-Aging & Supplementation In Practice
Nutritional & Supplementation Interventions in Anti-Aging
An advanced online learning CE credit course enabling you to earn a designation in Nutritional Supplementation for Anti-Aging, Disease Management and Prevention. Participants who successfully complete the program will be awarded Fellowship Status with a designation certificate in “Nutritional Supplementation and Anti-Aging” from The Global Integrative Medicine Academy.
Intensive research investigation and clinical trials conducted over the past 25 years have revealed the specific dosages (and standardized grades) of various nutritional supplements that have shown a high degree of efficacy in the prevention and management of degenerative diseases and anti-aging applications. The Nutrition, Supplementation and Anti-Aging Fellowship Program, provides health care professionals with an evidence-based, fully referenced, comprehensive program to enhance your knowledge, confidence, and expertise in the safe and effective use of nutritional supplementation in patient management. It arms you with the knowledge you require to give your patients the best supplementation advice possible, based upon their age, gender, present health status, family history of health, co-morbidity issues and other factors. This course also includes recommended supplementation protocols in the complementary management of common health conditions, as well as vital information regarding drug-nutrient interactions and contraindications.
Key Attributes of the Course
• Earn a Certificate in nutritional supplementation for Anti-Aging, Disease Management and Prevention (Advanced Program)
• This designation is accompanied by 100 CE credit hours.
• Learn vital information on drug/nutrient interactions
• Online, pre-recorded program: Login in to modules and study at your own pace
• Certified, accredited program: available to healthcare professionals including graduates and students of the Institute of Holistic Nutrition
• Receive a Fellowship designation from The Global Integrative Medicine Academy
• Created by Dr. James Meschino, DC, MS leading expert in natural health nutrition and supplementation
• Every week you will receive Nutrition Natural Medicine Updates (NNMU Video) featuring Dr. James Meschino. In each video, he will explore the finding of ground-breaking published research on nutrition with a summary and Dr. Meschino’s own insights on what the research could mean.
The Full Anti-Aging and Supplementation in Practice Program covers the following Units:
• Theories of Aging
• Free Radicals and Antioxidants
• Nutrient Support for Skin, Hair, Nails, and Eyes
• Other Minerals of Importance in Anti-Aging and Disease
• Adjunctive Nutritional Management of Cancer and Cancer Prevention
• Ketogenic Diet
• Immune Function Support
• Arthritis and Autoimmune Disease
• Joint Support Nutrients
• Nutrition and Supplementation in Autoimmune Disease
• Essential Fatty Acids and Flaxseed Powder
• Female Health Issues and Male Health Issues
• Natural Management of Menopause and Premenstrual Syndrome
• Prostate Support Nutrients
• Nutrient Support in Sexual Dysfunction
• Cardiovascular Disease
• Supplementation for Cardiovascular Disease
• Calcium and Vitamin D in Bone Support and Cancer Prevention
• Nutritional Medicine in Brain Development
• Essentials of Nutrition and Metabolism Part 1
• Detoxification Support
• Growth Hormone and Growth Hormone Secretagaogue Supplements
• Essentials of Pharmacology
• Important Drug Nutrient Interactions
• Sports Nutrition Part 1
• Sports Nutrition Part 2
Syllabus Module Examples
Theories of Aging
This course reviews the best-documented understanding of the aging process, including an investigation into telomeres, damage accumulation, neuro-endocrine clock adaptations, immune function, cross-linking of proteins, mitochondrial dysfunction, and other considerations. Embedded in this course are evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle strategies shown to modulate the aging process at the cellular and neuroendocrine level, with the purpose of understanding how to slow age-related changes and help maximize healthy life expectancy and longevity. As well a detailed look at some unique molecules, such as L-Carnitine, Glutathione, Choline, Melatonin and Hyaluronic acid is included in the program.
Nutritional Medicine and the Nervous System
This course reviews evidence-based dietary, supplementation and lifestyle factors shown to influence brain development (mother and child) and the prevention and complementary management of ADHD and common neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI), dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. This course also sheds light on the biology of brain aging along with proactive lifestyle strategies shown to slow brain aging, induce neuronal progenitor cell replication.
Adjunctive Nutritional Management of Cancer and Cancer Prevention
This course highlights the peer-reviewed scientific studies, which illustrate the effect to which diet and targeted nutritional supplements impact important biological targets in the prevention and adjunctive nutritional management of cancer. Attendees will learn the mechanism of action through which certain dietary constituents and targeted supplements can favorably affect signal transduction pathways, activation or suppression of various cell membrane growth factor receptors, cytokine receptors, death receptors, apoptosis mechanisms, immune function, transcription factor synthesis and other biological targets of importance. This program provides practitioners with sound scientific support upon which to provide patients with clinically-relevant and practical nutrition and supplementation advice on cancer prevention, as well as a comprehensive approach to the adjunctive nutritional support of cancer, to help prevent recurrence and metastasis. Practitioners will also understand how certain nutritional interventions can enhance the efficacy of certain chemotherapy drugs, and/or reduce the side effects of conventional cancer therapies. Attention to important drug-nutrient interactions regarding classes of chemotherapy drugs is also provided.
Dr. James Meschino
Dr. Meschino is a Doctor of Chiropractic, holds a Master’s degree in science with specialties in Human Nutrition and Biology, completed a Doctor of Naturopathy degree program, and is a Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner.
He is an associate professor at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, where he has taught nutrition and natural medicine courses since 1984, within the division of physiology and biochemistry. Dr Meschino has also taught and coordinated nutrition courses at The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and has been a faculty member of the American Council on Exercise. Dr. Meschino has been a faculty member at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition’s (IHN) Continuing Education department for the past 20 years.
Total Anti-Aging & Supplementation Program Cost:
$1190 + HST made payable to The Institute of Holistic Nutrition
Once registration is complete, a PIN number and login information for the program will be provided.