Understanding Genetics for Improving Health Outcomes CEUGH
Instructor: Dr. Rahul Kushwah BSc. (Honours) Ph.D.
This course is intended to provide the tools that holistic nutritionists can use to deliver personalized healthcare to their clients,catered to their genetic makeup. Genetics plays a very robust role in nutrition, detoxification, weight loss and overall health and wellness. Furthermore, genetics can be used not only to improve the health of the clients but also to develop DNA based nutritional plans that can potentially prevent the development of chronic diseases. Participants will gain knowledge on how genetic information can be used to deliver nutritional plans, weight loss strategies, detoxification plans and hormonal balance plans along with nutritional plans to prevent development of chronic disease such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. The course will be divided into six modules, beginning with introduction to human genetics and subsequently covering genetics of nutritional deficiencies, food intolerances, eating behaviour, weight loss, detoxification pathways, hormone metabolism, epigenetics and chronic metabolic disorders.
IHN has partnered with Anantlife Canada Inc., a leader in clinical grade genetic testing for healthcare providers all over the world, to offer a Certified Genetic Testing Provider Certificate upon successful completion of the course. This course will highlight implications of genetic testing that apply specifically to nutritional practitioners and provide information on common scenarios to prepare them to effectively incorporate genetic testing into practice. Successful completion of the course implies that the candidates have received the education and training to not only understand genetic concepts pertaining to diet, nutrition, detoxification, fitness, hormonal health and metabolic disorders but have also been trained on interpretation of the genetic testing reports along with development of a DNA based health plan for better health outcomes.
Virtual Classroom Option // Livestream + Recorded Course for Lifetime Access
• Livestream times will be EST Canada (6:00pm – 9:30pm)
• Same price as in-class
• You’ll be sent a single, dedicated access link
• Each video recording will be available after class ends, if you weren’t able to make the live session
• Recordings of all 8 classes will be housed on a dedicated webpage
• You’ll have lifetime access
• We’ll also provide you with an MP3 audio file, .pdfs and other resources
• The evaluation of the course will be carried out using take home assignments which will be administered in person at the North York campus as well as remote participants to be awarded both IHN and Anantlife’s certificates
• In-class students have full access to the livestream and recorded sessions
• If you’re local, and you can, please join us on campus for all or some of the sessions!
• Weekly reminder of upcoming class and updates to course page
• Open to any professional colleagues or natural health practitioners working in the field
NORTH YORK CAMPUS
SESSIONS: 8 Wednesdays MAR. 27 – MAY 15, 2019 6:00 – 9:30 pm
FEE: $440 + HST
REQUIRED COURSE NOTES: $35 + GST
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2019