The application submission for the bursary program closed July 15, 2019.
The top three prospective recipients were notified at the beginning of August 2019 after a full review of all qualified candidates.
There are no plans to offer another bursary program but if a decision is made to collaborate again, an announcement will come from IHN’s Facebook page. Please join us there!
The original bursary outline launched May 2019.
All three pages of this Raw Elements (RE) Student Bursary Program application form must be completed where necessary, and submitted along with the remaining application requirements listed below. Bursary application deadline: July 15, 2019
RE Student Bursary is awarded to a single Institute of Holistic Nutrition (IHN) applicant on the basis of financial need, who also evidently shows drive, potential to flourish, and make a difference in the ever-expanding field of alternative medicine and holistic nutrition. The selected applicant must enroll in the September 2019 full-time cohort of Applied Holistic Nutrition Diploma program at the IHN North York (Toronto) campus. Applicants of this RE Student Bursary Program must have an annual individual income of $25,000 or less. Household income may be assessed at the discretion of RE & IHN.
Student Bursary Financial Assistance
RE is generously providing financial assistance covering the cost of tuition, books, course notes etc. to the total of $9,008.59 CDN + applicable tax for 1 student to be applied to the 2019 September cohort at IHN. Additionally, RE will generously be providing the RE Student Bursary recipient with Employee Discounts on RE products. The successful selected RE Student Bursary recipient must meet all requirements as outlined and agree to execute the RE Student Bursary Agreement.
RE Student Bursary Recipient Commitment and Requirements
In return for the RE Student Bursary financial assistance, the successful applicant will be required to:
- Meet entrance requirements and attain acceptance to the IHN Applied Holistic Nutrition Diploma Program (IHN-AHN Program)
- Complete all of the IHN-AHN Program Cooperative placement hours with Raw Elements
- Fulfill the duties prescribed for RE brand ambassadors throughout the duration of the cooperative placement (work experience) program
- Execute and comply with the RE Student Bursary Agreement
In order to fulfill these commitments, the chosen applicant must:
- Be living a healthy plant focused lifestyle
- Support local and organic sustainable growth
- Have proficiency with social/digital media and eagerness to initiate and share their experience.
- Ideally, possess a consistent engaged social media presence on Instagram, as well as an active presence on Facebook and other social media platforms.
The chosen applicant must embody the culture of the RE community, be an advocate for the RE mission, and assist in product promotion and marketing.
The RE Co-op Placement includes the following:
- Various in-office tasks, demo’s, Trade or Consumer event representation, social media/marketing assistance, warehouse support, sales support, written content supporting RE’s monthly campaigns and/or IHN collaboration campaigns
- Work closely with Marketing Department to execute monthly initiatives to showcase/share their ‘student life’ and partnership between RE and IHN. This could include (but is not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Vlog, Blog and other platforms where images/video are used.
- Unique Ambassador Coupon Code – this coupon can be used for you to share on your established social media platforms. It will give a 10% discount at www.rawelements.ca website store. We wish for you to build followers and engagement on your established channels by authentically sharing both your student life and give your feedback when trying RE’s brands/products. Your task will be to direct your followers to RE for making their online purchases and communicate news, events and specials happening at Raw Elements.
- Must not promote or endorse any competitive brand and/or product of RE during the term of the agreement.
IHN Application Requirements
To be eligible to receive the RE Student Bursary, applicants must qualify for acceptance to the IHN-AHN Program and provide documentation of, and/or complete, each of the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (O.S.S.D) or Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) or Post-secondary documentation
- Completed IHN-AHN enrolment contract
- An autobiography (2-3 pages types and double-spaced about yourself, your passion for nutrition, your desire to work in the field of nutrition, and your aspirations for the industry)
- A current resume
- In-person interview
- Canadian Citizen, Indigenous* Person or Permanent Resident
- T1 Form (Notice of assessment of last tax return from CRA)
- Income verification of same household spouse, common law, partner, etc. (If applicable upon request)
* Indigenous defined as First Nations, Métis or Inuk (Inuit)
Institute of Holistic Nutrition
Student Bursary Program
North York Campus (Toronto)
18 Wynford Drive, Suite 514,
North York, ON M3C 3S2