Call 416.386.0940 or email
Highlights of the 2017 Orthomolecular Medicine Today Conference
Presenter: Paul Demeda CNP
This lecture is a great opportunity to get A LOT of relevant, useable, evidence-based health and nutrition information. The annual Orthomolecular Medicine Today Conference features research and clinical-experience-based health and nutrition presentations by experts from around the world. Paul will present the information from the 2017 conference that is most relevant to Holistic Nutritionists – compiled from 14 hours of lectures by leading orthomolecular experts from around the world.
Some of What You Will Learn:
• The causes of severe vitamin C deficiency in hospitalized patients
• Why berberine is referred to as the “jack-knife of nutrients”
• Using iodine for both hypo- and hyper-thyroid – and when NOT to use it
• Why estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone are all important for decreasing breast cancer risk
• The relevance of the theta to beta brain-wave ratio in ADHD
• Which nutrient is the “happy free radical”
• The mineral that regulates all aspects of vitamin D metabolism
• Five actions to decrease risk of having a heart attack by 85%
• Why it might be beneficial to stop screening for thyroid cancer
• The key nutrient that can repair a leaky blood-brain barrier
Key Topics that will be discussed include:
• Key take-aways from presentations by a Vegan and a Paleo cardiologist – how can they both be “right”?
• Addressing seizures and epilepsy, with a focus on childhood absence epilepsy
• Causes and mechanisms of ADHD, as well as natural approaches for addressing the condition
• Vitamin C as an oxygen activator, and the roles of NAD and NADH in the mitochondria
Information from this Lecture can Help You:
• Make safer, more effective health recommendations
• Increase your credibility when speaking and practicing
• Support your health and nutrition knowledge at a deeper level
Key Reasons to Attend this Presentation:
•3.5 hours of relevant information, presented in a structured, organized way
•comprehensive lecture notes packed with usable, referenced information, including protocols used by orthomolecular medical experts
•tools and information you will be able to use with clients
This lecture is approved for 3.5 Continuing Education hours.
The Orthomolecular Medicine Today Conference and this Highlights presentation are sponsored by the International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine.
About the Presenter
Paul Demeda CNP, is a practicing Holistic Nutritionist who specializes in digestive issues, mental health, and cancer. He teaches at the Mississauga campus of the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. Paul lectures on a range of health topics including mental health, detoxification, and critical thinking, and has presented at the Whole Life Expo on behalf of the International Schizophrenia Foundation. He presented at the 43 Annual International Orthomolecular Medicine Today conference in Vancouver to an audience which included over 150 doctors, naturopaths, and other health experts. Paul also has articles published in the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine and is author of the upcoming book The Visual Guide to Holistic Health.