Call the school at 613.680.9330 or email
THE KETOGENIC ATHLETE: ARE FATS THE NEW FUEL FOR PEAK PERFORMANCE
Presenter: Dr. Andrea Proulx BSC., ND, RAC.
Dr. Andrea Proulx ND will explore the effects of carbohydrates and fats on metabolism and discuss nutrient timing to maximize your workouts and athletic performance. Dr. Proulx will provide insight into new trended in leading edge nutritional and supplemental athletic programs. You will gain insight into practical tips and takeaways to suit all levels of fitness. You will learn practical knowledge for food shopping and meal planning for increased sport performance. Special emphasis will be separating ‘fat from fiction’ on while detailing the extensive use of lipids to boost sports performance. You will gain a more thorough understanding of how to utilize sports supplements and nutrient timing with a comprehensive note package that you can utilize to enhance your next workout.
Highlights for this workshop include:
• Understanding of the benefits of fats for athletic performance
• Concrete applications of a ketogenic diet and low-carb diets to improve body composition
• Learn how to stimulate muscle gain for lean muscle or maximal power
• Learn how to boost fat metabolism through specific nutritional plans
• Understanding Timing of eating before your workout for endurance or power athletes
• Learn which nutrients and supplements to ingest during your workout in order to maximize performance
• Learn how to fuel your body to recover between multiple workouts or games in a day
• Learn how to reduce muscle fatigue and recovery times
• How to source a high quality, effective sports supplement
• Demystifying the hype around sports supplementation
• The price includes a copy of Dr. Proulx’s presentation
About the Presenter
Dr Proulx ND has been in practice for nearly 10 years, assisting a variety of patients in general practice both in Toronto and Ottawa. While studying Naturopathic Medicine, Andréa was a forerunner and advocate for the continuity and development of the Naturopathic Sports Medicine Group. She also worked part-time with patients at the Sherbourne Health Centre delivering specialized treatments to HIV positive patients. Dr Proulx practiced in multi-disciplinary clinics in Toronto focusing on sports medicine and women’s health. Combining knowledge and experience as a personal trainer with naturopathic training, she was able to help patients with weight loss goals as well as improve general health. Since moving to Ottawa, Dr Proulx has continued to expand her knowledge and clinical skills in general practice and focus on active living. Dr Proulx is a frequent speaker for Running Room clinics; has worked with the Special Olympics educating athletes and coaches in nutrition; is a consultant with the Canadian Sports Institute (formerly the Canadian Sport Centre CSC – Ontario), in addition to working with the Ottawa Pacers Speed Skating Club. Dr. Proulx teaches Biological Chemistry, Body Metabolism, Fitness and Sports Nutrition, and Nutritional Pathology at the Ottawa Campus of the Institute of Holistic Nutrition.