Withdrawal and Refund Policy (Fermentation Foundations, Kathrin Brunner):
• 100% refund is permitted, minus a $50 + HST non-refundable administrative fee, only within one week of registration.
• There is no withdrawal or refund available to students registering within 10 (ten) days of this course starting
• There is no withdrawal or refund available after commencement of this course.
Online Code of Conduct:
• It is strongly encouraged that students attending LIVE for online classes, have their cameras on with the ability to add audio throughout the class to ensure instructor teaching presence and student engagement. IHN’s strategy for effective learning through interactivity is adopted in the online space. Implementing online discussion among professional students increases motivation, community, inquiry and academic performance.
General Code of Conduct:
• IHN will not tolerate cheating, dishonesty in any form, misrepresentation, plagiarism, unethical behaviour, consistent tardiness and abusive language, and/or posting of IHN intellectual property on social media.
• When discovered, students may be dismissed from IHN, no tuition refund, any time for any of the above reasons.
• Use of cell phones or being in a space that breaks your concentration during class is not ideal as it interferes with your focus on content.
• Surfing the internet and using social media sites is equally obstructive of learning.
• A minimum of 70% as a passing grade is mandatory to be eligible to receive the Certificate of Completion.
• A minimum 75% attendance is mandatory.
• Students who miss 30 minutes or more of class time in one day will be documented as missing a half of the class.
• Two missed half classes will total one complete session unattended.
• Failure will result, regardless of grade, if the minimum attendance standard is not met.
• With the instructor’s prior consent, after a discussion with IHN Con Ed administration, students can make up a missed quiz or test with a maximum allowable grade of 70%.
• In the event of a make-up, all arrangements must be made with the course instructor.
• Make-ups for final exams and assignments for any Con Ed course are not permitted. Missed final exams will result in an automatic grade of zero.
• Only the original copy of an assignment etc. is acceptable. Students must keep a copy of each assignment on file until the original has been marked and returned.
• Plagiarism is a form of theft and it is considered a serious offense.
• Any assignment, etc. containing copied material without proper referencing of source(s) will receive an automatic grade of zero.
• All written work must be submitted as a digital copy via SonisWeb, ClassMarker or as decided by the instructor of your course.
• Students must keep a copy of assignments until the original has been marked and returned.
• Appropriate academic format must be used.
• Hand-written assignments will not be accepted.
• All assignments are mandatory regardless of weight within each course.
• Jointly written (group work) of any description is not permitted. All student submissions must be a representation of one’s own work. No assignments, digital or hard copy, are accepted after seven days past the due date, including weekends/holidays.
Plagiarism and Cheating:
• In any academic exercise, plagiarism occurs when one offers as one’s own work the words, data, ideas, arguments, calculations, or productions of another without appropriate attribution. This applies to all forms of work submitted by any student registered in the course.
• Any written and/or oral quiz, test, exam or assignment containing copied material without proper referencing of source(s) will receive an automatic grade of zero.
• Cheating on a quiz/test/exam/assignment is considered a serious offence.
• Offences will make the student ineligible to receive a Certificate of Completion but will be allowed to audit the remainder of the course.
• IHN has an open door policy regarding student concerns and requests.
• Students may make an appointment to see the Program Director, Campus Manager or Administrator, Program Advisor and/or Academic Advisor at any time.
• Please see administration for available appointment times.