Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
• Refund is permitted before the first class starts minus the $100 + HST non-refundable student set up and administrative fee.
• Refund is also permitted after the first class ends and before noon the next day minus the $100 + HST non-refundable student set up and administrative fee. The first class allows the student the courtesy to understand if the syllabus is too advanced or if the material is not what was expected.
• Withdrawal after commencement of the second class results in no refund.
• Allow for up to 2 weeks to process a refund
Withdrawal and Refund Policy Exception:
• If the student cannot take the course now, but defers to the following start date, the $100 + HST non-refundable student set up and administrative fee will not be taken and applied to the next course start date.
Online Code of Conduct:
• It is strongly encouraged that students attending LIVE for online classes, have their cameras on with the ability to add audio throughout the class to ensure instructor teaching presence and student engagement. IHN’s strategy for effective learning through interactivity is adopted in the online space. Implementing online discussion among professional students increases motivation, community, inquiry and academic performance.
General Code of Conduct:
• IHN will not tolerate cheating, dishonesty in any form, misrepresentation, plagiarism, unethical behaviour, consistent tardiness and abusive language, and/or posting of IHN intellectual property on social media.
• When discovered, students may be dismissed from IHN, no tuition refund, any time for any of the above reasons.
• Use of cell phones or being in a space that breaks your concentration during class is not ideal as it interferes with your focus on content.
• Surfing the internet and using social media sites is equally obstructive of learning.
• A minimum of 80% as a passing grade is mandatory to be eligible to receive the Certificate of Completion.
LIVE Attendance Requirement:
• A minimum 75% attendance is mandatory.
• Students who miss 30 minutes or more of class time in one day will be documented as missing a half of the class.
• Two missed half classes will total one complete session unattended.
• Failure will result, regardless of grade, if the minimum attendance standard is not met.
LIVE Tests & Exams:
• With the instructor’s prior consent, after a discussion with IHN Con Ed administration, students can make up a missed quiz or test with a maximum allowable grade of 80%.
• In the event of a make-up, all arrangements must be made with the course instructor.
• Make-ups for final exams and assignments for any Con Ed course are not permitted. Missed final exams will result in an automatic grade of zero.
SELF-PACED Test & Exams:
• Each class quiz will need to be completed and passed with a minimum grade of 80% before the next class is open to study.
• The final exam (after session 6) must be completed with a passing grade of 80% to acquire the Certificate of Completion.
• After each class, a sample HTMA report will be provided and you will be required to evaluate based on the learnings of the previous class, in detail, of your findings.
• Plagiarism is a form of theft and it is considered a serious offense.
• Any assignment, etc. containing copied material without proper referencing of source(s) will receive an automatic grade of zero.
• All assignments are mandatory regardless of weight within each course.
Plagiarism and Cheating:
• In any academic exercise, plagiarism occurs when one offers as one’s own work the words, data, ideas, arguments, calculations, or productions of another without appropriate attribution. This applies to all forms of work submitted by any student registered in the course.
• Any written and/or oral quiz, test, exam or assignment containing copied material without proper referencing of source(s) will receive an automatic grade of zero.
• Cheating on a quiz/test/exam/assignment is considered a serious offence.
• Offences will make the student ineligible to receive a Certificate of Completion but will be allowed to audit the remainder of the course.
• IHN and LPK Health & Performance have an open door policy regarding student concerns and requests.
• Students may make an appointment to see the Program Director, Campus Manager or Administrator, Program Advisor and/or Academic Advisor at any time.
• Please see administration for available appointment times.